myNav

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I've been nominated for a Liebster!

Smiles all around, I feel loved!!

 



I was nominated for a Liebster. Thank you Jaime Guerard(link) for being so kind and thoughtful. It’s taken me way to long to complete this post, but I finally got it done, haHA!

Jaime is putting out her amazing book Awaken in March. I highly recommend checking out her site. You can find her book on Goodreads here.


HERE’S HOW THIS AWARD WORKS:
- I list 11 random facts about myself.
- I will answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
- I will then nominate my 11 picks for the award along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
- If you’re nominated, your name/link will appear at the bottom of this post along with your questions. Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.

11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I’m a sugar junky.
2. I’m kind of a purest when it comes to caffeine. I like my body to wake itself up, so I hate coffee. (Gasp!)
3. I’m a piano teacher and I teach almost 40 kids a week. (Double Gasp!)
4. Pretty Little Liars is a guilty pleasure. Awesome show.
5. I started writing seriously as an adult to overcome a quarter-life crisis. (It’s a real thing. I looked it up.)
6. I have a two and a half year old son that holds my heart.
7. I married my high school sweetheart.
8. I have nine brothers and sisters (Triple Gasp!)
9. I have a semi-severe case of OCD. (I stack my dishes and towels in alternating colors, and I don’t like uneven numbers on volumes. So weird. I know this. It’s incurable.)
10. I would go to college for the rest of my life if it were free.
11. God is my life, my sun, my moon, and my stars.

JAIME’S QUESTIONS FOR ME:
  1. Who is your favorite author? Hem, haw. Hemhaw… I have to put down the biggest cliché and say Stephanie Meyer. But not for Twilight. The Host is one of my absolute favorite books in the world.
  2. What is your favorite quote? Way too many to answer this, and I have the worst memory in the world. Sorry.
  3. What type of genre do you like to read? Why? Anything YA or NA, because I love the possibility and fire of new love. I also love college. Go figure J
  4. Where do you hope to be in 5 years? A published author making a living off of writing so I can teach a little less. I would still love to teach, but my dream is to teach for free. I already teach a few students for free, and I love it.
  5. How long have you been writing? I wrote as a kid, but as an adult, almost 5 years.
  6. Who has inspired you throughout your life? Other authors. Especially indie authors. They are making their dreams come true, and I hope to follow in their footsteps.
  7. What is one word to describe your personality? Spunky.
  8. What is your favorite book? Why? The Host. Because it re-sparked my love of reading, and was the push that drove me to writing. And because it’s just plain awesomeness.
  9. Life’s too short for… (you fill in the blank) Petty fights. I hate when people fight. It makes me tired, and it’s a complete waste of time. I prefer to be happy. All the time.
  10. What is your desert island food (you only get one choice)? One choice? Really, Jaime? Whine, whine, whine. Well, if I have to choose one, I’ll say pizza. Because I could live off it. I can’t live off of ice cream.
  11. If you could have one celebrity on your speed dial, who would it be and why? BRAD PITT! Because he is gorgeous and I secretly love him. Winksies, Brad. (The hubs already knows)

HERE ARE MY NOMINATIONS.
2. Jake Bonsignore – http://jakebonsignore.com
3. Stacy Bailey Darnell – http://literarymaniareviews.blogspot.com/
4. Angie’s Dreamy Reads – http://angiesdreamyreads.blogspot.com/
5. Mary Beth Provincehttp://www.armywifemb.blogspot.com/
6. Aestas Book Blog – http://aestasbookblog.com/
7. Jessica @ Read My Breath Away – http://readmybreathaway.blogspot.com/
8. Melanie @ Daydreamer to Writer – http://daydreamertowriter.blogspot.com/
9. Mandy @ I Read Indie – http://twimom101bookblog.blogspot.com/
10. Stina Lindenblatt – http://www.stinalindenblatt.com/
11. Suzan Tisdale – http://suzantisdale.blogspot.com/

NOMINEES…HERE ARE YOUR 11 QUESTIONS:
  1. What was your favorite book growing up?
  2. What is your favorite Indie/Traditionally published book lately? Please answer both.
  3. Who would you cast in the leads of your favorite book of all time?
  4. What is your favorite non-reading/writing thing to do?
  5. Describe your ideal Sunday. (the day, not the ice cream)
  6. What is your favorite character name?
  7. If you could live in any time period, which would it be?
  8. If you could travel to anywhere outside the U.S., where would you go?
  9. If you could wake up as anyone, who would it be?
  10.  What is your favorite clothing accessory?
  11.  If the world could be anything (hint: Willie Wonka’s world of chocolate) what would yours look like?

CONGRATULATIONS, EVERYONE. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR ANSWERS!

3 comments:

  1. I love it Megan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40 kids!!!! When do you breathe?

    Thanks for the nomination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination! I also don't drink coffee (which is rare as a writer, but I do have a thing for Diet Pepsi) and I teach piano, but just to my own kids, not 40!

    ReplyDelete